Garden Watching

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snow Peas and White Onions

 
I love me some snow peas! This is the first Time I've ever grown these but I've heard they are easy to grow. I started these from Burpee seed packets from Lowe's. I did companion planting with white onion bulbs and and lettuce seedling. Seedlings being transplanted from seed tray to bed was delayed because bed was not yet built. Harvest date will be delayed because of this but still in acceptable time frame of the season.
 
Snow Pea's Seeds Sowed on 11/14/2012 - Transplanted sometime in mid January -
Estimated Harvest Date 3/23/2013
 


I added turkey string for the peas to climb up on. It was a dollar from the dollar tree in Bradenton.
Updated Photo (2/1/2013) of Pea's, Onion's and Lettuce. Everything is looking great, next photo I will get a close-up of snow pea flowers and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment